January 2018

Welp, after a much needed winter break, we're back at it again with the Neuro Pharmacology... only this time, everything has changed. Just kidding, tried to be dramatic but I can't take myself seriously. In all seriousness, the start of this semester has been an insanely busy one. We have an entire new crop of classes (for the most part), plus the NBME is quickly approaching! In addition to having to contend with school and the unexpected snow (yep, you read that right-- snow in NOLA), I also went and got myself married earlier this month! Meaghan and I got hitched on January 13, 2018 at Race and Religious in what proved to be a satisfyingly cold and awesome night. If I could give any wedding advice to anyone reading this, it would be: GET MARRIED WHEN YOU'RE NOT IN SCHOOL! Anyways, the thing went off with a boom and a sense of reality has only just begun to set back in.

As for academia specifics, I urge you not to get married with school in session since you'll find yourself 100% tied up with wedding duties the week leading up to the wedding. This normally wouldn't be an issue on a regular week, buuuut we had an exam scheduled 3 days after the wedding, for which I had done no studying. That being said, the exam got pushed back a day for snow, buying me some time, and it went pretty darn well. With just one more Med Pharm exam left in the year (besides the NBME), focus certainly shifts to other classes, as well as getting the medical school application process started...

For volunteering this month I had the pleasure of partaking in two brand new activities. The first one was a day at the Habitat ReStore off of Elysian Fields. I didn't really know what to expect going into this one, since all I had heard was you sit around waiting for the bossman to tell you to move something. I had a different and more enjoyable experience in that we were busy most of the time, but the customer traffic wasn't too bad. Additionally, I volunteered this past Sunday (yesterday) at Wayward Owl to do some tree planting. I must, somewhat sadly, admit that I actually had never planted a tree until yesterday. The task proved to be rewardingly challenging, however the large blister on my hand would suggest otherwise...

January Volunteer Hours: 10
2nd Semester Total Hours: 10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

August 2017

September 2017